domingo, 13 de outubro de 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon - Hour 13 - Mini-Challenge #10

The Best of Your Reading Year from Lisa’s World of Books 

"Hey, everybody! Welcome to the Hour 13 Mini-Challenge!  I hope that you are having a lot of fun with the read-a-thon and glad you decided to come by for a break and fun!  So without further ado…The challenge for the hour is to share some of your best from your reading year and why.  The idea is to pick at least 3 of the categories below and share your favorites and why.  Hopefully, everyone will discover a new author..book…or maybe even genre.


Best Book of Your Reading Year
Best Romance Book of Your Reading Year
Best YA Book of Your Reading Year
Best New Adult Book of Your Reading Year
Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year
Best Non-Fiction Book of Your Reading Year
Best Sci-Fi Book of Your Reading Year
Best Fantasy Book of Your Reading Year
Best Children’s Book of Your Reading Year
Best Fiction Book of Your Reading Year
Best Main Character of Your Reading Year
Best Author of Your Reading Year
Best Supporting Character of Your Reading Year
Best Cover of Your Reading Year
Best Character You Love To Have of Your Reading Year
Best Setting of Your Reading Year
Best Story Line of Your Reading Year
Best Indie Author of Your Reading Year"

So, let me see what I can answer... I will not include re-readings or books I read from my favourite authors. I'm feeling tired already, so I don't think I can get too creative and I will probably forget a lot of books that should be included, but well... I hope you like it!

Best Book of Your Reading Year
I have to say The Constant Princess, by Philippa Gregory. The first book I read from this author, and I fell in love with her writing. The story is also beautiful.

Best Romance Book of Your Reading Year
The Borgia Bride, by Jeanne Kalogridis.

Best YA Book of Your Reading Year
Noite da Alma, by Sophia CarPerSanti, a portuguese writer.

Best Mystery Book of Your Reading Year
The King's Hounds, by Martin Jensen. I just loved the book.

Best Fantasy Book of Your Reading Year
Although I love fantasy, I didn't read it that much this year. Memórias de um Caçador de Vampiros, by Ardo Antas, another portuguese writer.

Best Main Character of Your Reading Year
Ilan Ivitch, from The Death of Ilan Ivitch, by Lev Tolstoy. Simply because.

Best Author of Your Reading Year
Maybe Sarah Waters? I read The Little Stranger and it gave me the chills.

Best Cover of Your Reading Year
The Savage Garden

Best Story Line of Your Reading Year
Can I repeat books? I love historical fiction, so between The Borgia Bride and Philippa Gregory, it's hard to choose.

Sem comentários :

Enviar um comentário

Obrigada por comentares :)