sábado, 22 de outubro de 2016

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hour 7

fyi-14

bookmemorieschallenge

Welcome to my mini-challenge!  

We all have songs that we hear that we associate with a particular event or person, but book memories can be a lot like that.  For instance I was, rather unfortunately, reading the thriller Life Support by Tess Gerritsen when my mom was quite ill and in the hospital (she recovered quite nicely), so I have vivid memories of reading it in a hospital room.  Or listening to Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz audiobook and having to pull over by the side of the road so I could sob over the ending.  Or spotting the cover of Twilight in a Borders and thinking, Ohh, what a pretty cover even though I had no idea how big that book was about to get.

That’s all I want from you- your book memories!  Just leave a comment, or a link if you’re posting it on your blog or twitter or litsy or instagram or tumblr or goodreads or whatever social media site you most prefer.

I have a very vivid memory of reading Wolfskin, by Juliet Marillier. It was the last Summer of innocence, I guess I can call it that way. Me and my best friend used to write letters to each other and she borrowed me a lot of books, like this one. And I just remember so well, me, reading the book, sitting on the kitchen floor, against the wall - it was too hot.
But I also remember the first book I tried to read. It was Os Lusíadas, by Luis de Camões, a Portuguese classic. I was too young and the book was - is - too hard. Maybe that's why I, until this day, never had the patience to read it for pleasure, only for school.

2 comentários :

  1. Wow. You are doing a LOT more of the hourly mini-challenges than I am. Hope you're having fun!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Hey Rachel! It was fun :D but I didn't spend as much time reading as I wanted :/

      Eliminar

Obrigada por comentares :)