domingo, 23 de outubro de 2016

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Hours 22, 23 and 24

And this is it. Another Dewey's! I spent the last hours reading religiously, and I managed to finish one book. Finally! Although these bookish marathons aren't, in my case, to see who can read more and faster, I still like to, at least, finish one book. And the chosen one was... you got it, Salem's Lot. Good ol' Stephen King accompanied me during all this read-a-thon, and I'm glad it did. It was a nice book. This afternoon I can go back to my beloved Anne Bishop and be happy with her Shadow Queen.

The churche's bells next to my house are ringing right now, what means we are now officially in the last hour. What a journey it is. Even if it is only for a couple of hours or the whole 24 (one day I'll make it), it's wonderful. To know that all around the world, so many different people take their time to read simultaneously... It's just... I can't even explain how proud I am to be a part of this.

fyi-25

End of Event Survey

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 12, when I just couldn't help and fell asleep.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I'm not very good at recommending books, but fast-paced books are the best, I think.

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
I don't think so. I believe that it is great the way it is.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleading part. Since there were no official cheerleaders, some amazing people still took their time to cheer other readers. I intended to do that but I failed. I hope to make it next year.

How many books did you read?
One!

What were the names of the books you read?
Salem's Lot, by Stephen King.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
As long as I can, of course. This April I had a wedding on the very same day of Dewey's, and I hope that next year I can participate in both marathons.
I'll be a reader, gladly! And we'll see how it goes with the cheerleader part.

Sem comentários :

Enviar um comentário

Obrigada por comentares :)